Google is again supercharging search with its newest update, SGE announcement at Google IO, and Google Marketing Live. This acronym stands for Search Generative Experience bringing AI to the forefront of Google’s search engine. With the rise of ChatGPT, Google had no choice but to become an AI-first company by creating Bard and other AI-enabled platforms to keep its position as the #1 search engine in the world.
Marketing Your Apartment Organically
Marketing apartments online just got easier and more fun. Now, more than ever, communities will have to become a local authority by publishing more in their local areas and becoming true experts in their cities.
Using Your Google Profile
Here are some SEO strategies you can use to make sure your communities don’t get left behind in the brand-new world of Google’s Search Generative Experience (SGE):
- Keep the acronym EEAT in mind.
- Experience – Does the content creator have first-hand experience in the given topic?
- Expertise – Does the content creator have the skills and knowledge in the given topic?
- Authoritativeness – Is this source the go-to website for the given topic or subject?
- Trustworthiness – Do they have the reputation to back it up, and/or do Google Raters determine if the page is “accurate, honest, safe, and reliable.”
- Have your on-site team become micro-influencers in their locality by allowing them to become creators on social media and build their own brands.
- Invest and get more User-generated Content (UGC) by commenting on blogs, forums, reviews, and responses focused on Google Business Profile.
- Publish more short-form videos on YouTube, TikTok, and/or Instagram Reels
- SCHEMA markup is no longer an option but a must-have on all apartment websites
- Keep your website content and FAQs updated constantly
- Optimize your website and copy for mobile devices
- Google is becoming a rich media search engine, so more videos and photos will be needed to stay competitive online.
- Learn more about Generative AI and do test searches for relevant keywords that are more informational and transactions down the renter’s journey to see how you rank on Google and other AI-enabled search engines like Bing/ChatGPT.
Google will do its best to take a responsible approach. Especially when bringing new generative searches to the masses, and it will not be perfect from the start. They will constantly train their models and, with user support, will improve over time. Sign up for their search lab to try it out for yourself!
To learn more about ApartmentSEO and how we can help take your communities to the next level for all your Google Marketing needs, be sure to reach out to schedule a call with our team today. Also, get your Free Marketing Analysis and Reputation Report Card to see how your community stacks up online.