Google’s I/O Conference never fails to showcase the latest in cutting edge technology around Search, Augmented Reality, and Artificial Intelligence (AI). 2022 was no exception with the release of a more immersive Google Maps experience and Advanced Multisearch Near Me features to broaden how people are visualizing searching and going down the marketing funnel. Checkout the following major updates from Google’s I/O Conference and keep informed about the ever changing landscape of Google!
- Google is adding 24 new languages to Google Translate to expand upon their already robust list of languages they process today.
- TL;DR – Too long, Don’t Read, Google introduced automated summarization for Google Docs to make it easier for long form content to be broken down in bite sized chunks.
- Google Lens, a way to visually search with your mobile phone continues to grow in popularity. Sign up here: https://lens.google/
- Multisearch Near Me – Ability to search, find recipes of meals (Possibly Communities) you like online, then find a local restaurant that serves it as well.
- Google Maps Immersive Experiences – It works by using billions of photos to model buildings and trees in 3D using machine learning. Once it becomes available, you’ll be able to experience what a restaurant, neighborhood, landmark or popular venue is like, as if you’re already there.
- Scene Exploration – Pan your camera and ask a question and get instant insights.
- Monk Skin Tone Scale – Helps to build more inclusive products across Google on how they represent skin tone.
- 2-Step Verification will be set by default to keep more people safe online.
- Safety Status on Profile Picture to help keep your account secure.
- Protected Computing – Growing toolkit of technologies to ensure privacy.
- Google Assistant Nest – Look and Talk – Feature in Nest with more natural language processing.
- By 2030 Google to be 100% Carbon Free Energy
With Google at the forefront of everything these days, it’s important to stay in the know around all things Google is offering. With visual searching on the rise and voice assistants becoming more intelligent, it’s now more important than ever to build a strong brand identity online. Your Google Knowledge Graph for your community is looking at your website, reviews, other mentions and links to your brands. Your Google Business Profile is what users see before they see your apartment website. Make sure your Google footprint is deep and ensure you utilize all the core products Google offers to continue to nurture new leads and lease to new residents!